Thank you for choosing Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics for your orthopaedic needs. We are committed to the success of your medical treatment and care. Please understand that payment of your bill is part of this treatment and care.
Insurance: Hughston’s physicians participate in most healthcare plans. As our patient, you are asked to:
- Contact your health insurance company before your office visit to make sure that your physician is a participating provider; otherwise, you may be subject to out-of-network benefits.
- Be familiar with your policy requirements regarding referrals and precertification requirements for office visits, tests, and procedures, including surgery.
- Present all insurance cards (and have available other forms of identification) at the time of the office visit.
- Notify the receptionist of any changes in your name, address, telephone number, or other billing information.
- Obtain a referral authorization from your primary care physician if you have an HMO plan with which Hughston is contracted. Although we will make every effort to obtain a referral prior to the appointment, if we have not received an authorization prior to your arrival at the office, we have a telephone available for you to call your primary care physician. If you are unable to obtain the referral at that time, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Be sure that a parent or legal guardian accompanies patients who are minors to their office visit. This accompanying adult is responsible for payment of the account, according to the payment policy.
- Co-payments and deductible amounts are due at the time of service. Accepted methods of payment are cash, check, check card, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express, and money order. Payment arrangements may be discussed with the Patient Representative at any Hughston clinic.
Your financial responsibility depends on a variety of factors. If you need further information about any Hughston Orthopaedics’ policy, please ask to speak with a Billing Specialist or the Office Manager at the office where you are a patient.
Patients may also contact our Business Office staff at the numbers below for assistance with their billing and insurance questions.
- Telephone: (615) 366-8890
- Fax: (615) 366-3379
- Toll-free: (800) 323-8858