Our busy Summit Care Center in Hermitage has a full-time, Monday through Friday position open for a Precertification / Preauthorization Representative.
Qualified candidates must have at least two years experience performing orthopaedic precertifications and preauthorizations. Medical background and experience with electronic medical records are required – PrimeSuite / Greenway preferred. The ideal candidate has a positive, team-minded attitude and is able to prioritize and successfully interact with the public.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform precertifications/preauthorizations for orthopaedic procedures and surgeries
- Use insurance websites to submit clinical information in order to successfully precertify/preauthorize medical procedures and surgeries
- Track and monitor pending precertifications so as to report their status to the medical staff
- Interact with patients regarding status of precertifications
- Explain financial responsibilities to patients
- Collect pre-surgical deposits, as required
Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics offers competitive benefits. If you are interested in joining our Hughston Clinic Team, please submit your resume and application following the instructions on the Careers Page of this website or fax to the attention of Office Manager at (615) 366-2433.